Monday, August 22, 2011

Funny, how'm I funny?

Great experience this past weekend with our Charro and Beowulf shows. Eric, Scott, Evan and Brian all slayed with their various roles (people can't get enough of Evan in particular as a dirty hobo), Tristyn Tucci gave it her all with some hilarious musical improv, being joined the last night by the lovely Alex Greengard doing his best Hendrix.

By the way, improv, with the games and what not, where you're literally making it all up as you go along, has never been my forte. Sure, I can ad lib during a structured scene but Evan, Brian and Scott are like crazy off the cuff geniuses when you get them up there with an audience. Its to the point that when the crowd throws out stuff as incongruous as Chewbacca, Wonder Woman and an Insurance Agent in a Chuck E Cheese, you don't even think twice about letting the boys roll with it. I'd wager that we're going to start getting video of this stuff to put on those tubes that you have. Y'know, so you can actually see what we do before you decide to throw down your hard earned cash to check us out (its worth it, trust me, but I realize some of you need the video evidence before taking the plunge).

For my part, I was told my stand up was quite good---which is fortunate since I've recently challenged the rest of the crew to join me on September 8th at our local comedy club for an open mic night.

See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment